Many resources are available to help you become a more educated honey-taster with the ability to distinguish various aromas and flavors in honey.
- Spencer, Suzy. “The Basics of Honey Tasting.” Bee Buzz, Fall (2018), pages 31-33. ncbeekeepers.org. Web. Accessed October 2018.
- Boyd, Barbara. “A Taste of Honey: Using Sensory Analysis to Evaluate and Market Your Honey.” Bee Culture, September (2011), pages 40-44. Print.
- Collinsworth, Sean. “Attending the Honey Sensory Class in Bologna, Italy.” Bee Buzz, Winter (2019), page 19. ncbeekeepers.org. Web. Accessed July 2019.
- Marchese, Marina. “Learning to be an Expert in the Sensory Analysis of Honey.” Bee Culture, September (2015), pages 83-84. Print.
- Ress, Suzanne. “Sensory Analysis of Honey.” American Bee Journal, January (2017), pages 75-79. Print.
Honey Flavor and Aroma Wheels
- Honey Aroma and Tasting Wheel. 2013. Available from the American Honey Tasting Society, Weston, CT.
- Honey Flavor Wheel. 2014. Available from the UC-Davis Honey and Pollination Center, Davis, CA. Accessed October 2018.
- Honey and Pollination Center, UC-Davis, CA.
- American Honey Tasting Society, Weston, CT.
- National Register of Experts in the Sensory Analysis of Honey. Scuola di Cucina, Bologna, Italy. Note: These were formerly offered only in Italian and in Italy but are now being offered in English and in other parts of the world, including the United States.
August 18, 2019