The “Cooperative Extension Worker of the Year” annual award is sponsored by the North Carolina State Beekeepers Association, Incorporated. The award is designed to reward and acknowledge efforts by the Extension workers on behalf of beekeeping, beekeepers, and the bee and honey industry in general. It is usually awarded during the annual Summer Meeting.
The following document covers the guidelines for submitting a candidate for the Cooperative Extension Worker of the Year.
Nominees can be submitted to the first Vice President or mailed to the address found at the bottom of this page.
- 2021 David Fogarty, Gaston County
- 2019 Debbie Roos, Chatham County
- 2018 Christine L Bredenkamp, Jackson and Swain Counties
- 2017 Andy Burlingham, Tar River Beekeepers
- 2016 Jo Anne Gryder, Wilkes County