The NCSBA offers many opportunities to improve your beekeeping skills.
Every year, NCSBA chapters conduct bee schools to help new beekeepers get on the right foot. The schools are varied, with prices ranging between free and $150, one day to four months, and vary in their approach. Check around your location for the best fit.
Chapter Bee School Courses
If a chapter is not listed, the course may already have begun, no courses are being offered in that chapter, or that chapter has chosen not to be listed on the NCSBA web site. However, courses which have already begun are still listed on the calendar. If the date for a school has already past, you may want to contact the chapter directly to see when their next scheduled class will be or if you can join in on a course already started.
- Jan 3, 2023, 8:00 am: Hamstead Beginning Beekeeping Class
- Jan 10, 2023, 7:00 pm: Durham County Beekeepers - Introduction to Beekeeping - Online
- Jan 12, 2023, 6:00 pm: Sampson County Certified Beekeeper Class Level 1
- Jan 12, 2023, 6:30 pm: Randolph County Beekeepers Beginning Beekeeping Class
- Jan 17, 2023, 7:00 pm: Orange County NC Beginning Beekeeping Class
- Jan 21, 2023, 8:00 am: Onslow County Beginning Beekeeping Class
- Jan 24, 2023, 6:30 pm: Alamance Beginning Beekeeping Class
- Jan 28, 2023, 9:30 am: Durham County Beekeepers - Introduction to Beekeeping - In Person
- Feb 2, 2023, 7:00 pm: Cabarrus Beginning Beekeeping Class
- Feb 2, 2023, 7:00 pm: Guilford County Beginning Beekeeping Class
- Mar 11, 2023, 9:00 am: Yadkin County Beginning Beekeeping Class
- Mar 18, 2023, 8:00 am: Wilson Beginning Beekeeping Class
NC State Apiculture Program Beekeeper Education & Engagement System (BEES)
BEES is a new online resource for beekeepers at all levels offered by the NC State Apiculture Program. The system is entirely internet based and open to the public.The structure of the BEES network is broken into three ascending levels of difficulty (Beginner, Advanced, and Ambassador) and three general areas of content (honey bee biology, honey bee management, and the honey bee industry).
Enrollment is a la carte; you can pick and choose exactly which courses you want! There are no mandates or pre-requisites for taking any BEES course (you do not have to take one in order to take another). No prior experience necessary (or special equipment) Pick and choose individual topics/courses Learn at your own pace (30-day access, although majority of participants finish within the first week)
Read more at: https://entomology.ces.ncsu.edu/apiculture/bees/