The Master is the third level in the Master Beekeeper Program, and reflects a beekeeper who has demonstrated expertise in beekeeping and in a number of other specialized areas.
- Maintain an uninterrupted membership in the NCSBA since receiving the Journeyman Level Beekeeping certificate or 3 consecutive years of membership prior to being qualified to take any Master exam. Membership must be maintained through the Master certification process or the three year rule referenced above will apply.
- Hold the Journeyman Level Beekeeper certificate for a minimum of 1 year before being permitted to take any Master Beekeeper Level beekeeper exam.
- Pass a written examination, administered by anNCSBA MBP representative at a statewide conference or testing event. Written exams cannot be taken on consecutive days at the Spring or Summer conferences.
- Pass a Practical Examination, administered by anNCSBA MBP representative. Candidates must take the written Master Beekeeper Level exam before being permitted to take any of the remaining parts of the Journeyman Practical exam. The candidate must successfully complete 8 of 9 Journeyman Practical sections. Practical exams cannot be taken on consecutive days at the Spring or Summer conferences.
- Complete 6 of the 19 Sub Specialties demonstrating excellence in beekeeping specialties.
- Have four years of beekeeping experience. (One year minimum as Journeyman Beekeeper)
- Complete ten additional service credits after completing the Journeyman level.
- Assist in some manner as a volunteer at a state meeting or convention.
- Passing grade for the written Master Level exam will be raised from 75% to 80% effective January 1, 2020.
- NOTICE: Effective January 1, 2021, a Master Level field exam will be required to evaluate and document the candidate’s ability to conduct a viable hive inspection recognizing conditions relating to colony status, health, vigor, resources and queen status. Your actions during the field exam should demonstrate your attention to personal and observer safety while highlighting your general education versus personal bias; including but not limited to chemical and chemical-free husbandry. Achieving the Master Beekeeper Level of the NCSBA MBP mandates that a candidate assume the responsibility of ambassadorship with both fellow beekeepers and the public at large.
A notebook is suggested for record keeping and for documenting competence at each specialty. Also for listing and documenting each additional ten service credits. In order to prepare for the Master level, the following materials are available:
In order to prepare for the Master level, the following materials are available:
- Journeyman/Master Written Exam Study Guide
- List of Valid Public Service Credits
- List of Beekeeping Sub-Specialties
- Reporting to the MBP Committee
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dianne Almond • Michael Almond • Robert W. Anders • Chris Apple • Randall Austin • Dale Aycock • Doris Baker • Phillip Barfield • Burton Beasley III • Allen Blanton • David Bridgers • Edward Buchanan • George Byrum • Lewis Cauble • Greg Clements • Sam Coble • Shelly Cooper • Rick Coor • Karen Damari • Kris Daniels • Scott Davis • Denise Deacon • Tia Douglass • Justin Dyson • Terry Dyson • Karen Edgar • Ken Edgar • Sally Ellis • Robert Faggart • Bryan Fisher • Gray Fisher • Charles Fleckenstein • Darryl Gabritsch • Robert Gaddis • Geneva Green • Buzz Griffin • Vernell Gillispie • Jr. • Larry A. Green • Jr. • Art Halstead • Rick Harty • Charles Heatherly • Reuben Hill • Berry Hines • Sr. • Dale Hinkle • Joe Hoggard • Wayne Holland • Anne Houck • Ray Hunt • Will Johnson • Ralph B. Johnston • Barry Jones • Kenny Jones • Michael Kerr • Dan Kirby • Lane E Kreitlow • Bill Lathan • Russ Lewis • Janno Lewis • Liz Lindsey • Hugh Madison • Buddy Marterre • Chris Mendenhall • Jody Moore • Bill Moran • Debra “DJ” Moran • Herve Morini • W.D.” Bill” Mullins • Etienne Nadeau • Cheryl Newbold • Paul Newbold • Brad Niven • Floyd Parker • JoAnne Parker • Jeanne Price • Grey Reavis • Roland Reed • Marcel Renn • Ray L. Revis • Jr. • Debra Roberts • Calvin Robinson • Greg Rogers • Wayne Rose • David Segrest • Billy A. Smith • James H. Smith • Joe Smith • Robert M. Smith • Suzy Spencer • Karen Speer • Cynthia Speed • Jeff Stone • John W. Strickland • Elaine Styers • Lawton Suggs • Wallace Swaim • Mellie Swaney • Eric Talley • Julie Taylor • Scott Taylor • Bill Thering • Sanford M. Toole • B Townes • Kim Underhill • Todd Walker • John Wallace • Sr. • Monica Warner • Todd Warner • Pat Weisbrodt • Jim White • Jimmy L. Williams • Gayle Young • Albert J. Zima