Thank you for joining the NCSBA! If you join before November 1, your membership will be for the current calendar year. After November 1 it will be for the upcoming calendar year.
Why should you join the NCSBA?
- As the largest volunteer led beekeeping association in the United States, the NCSBA promotes beekeeping and saves the honey bee from disappearing
- By publishing the Bee Buzz, members receive the venerable quarterly magazine published by the NCSBA with informational articles and beekeeper information
- The NCSBA serves local chapters with state level programs, assistance with bee schools and promotion for chapter events
- NCSBA state level meetings-Membership in the NCSBA is required to attend the annual Spring and Summer meetings where attendees hear prominent speakers, attend informational workshops, save money by shopping with vendors and meet other beekeepers
- Members of the NCSBA may participate in the Master Beekeeper Program which has four levels: Certified, Journeyman, Master, Master Craftsman
- The NCSBA operates the Certified Honey Producer program, Born and Bred Queen Rearing Program and Honey Bee Habitat at the NC Zoo
- Members receive a copy of the yellow book- the NCSBA membership directory
- NCSBA maintains ncbeekeepers.org where beekeepers receive information and announcements relevant to beekeeping and a maintains presence on social media, including a Facebook page and group where members can discuss bee related subjects.
- The NCSBA is leading the effort to support the apiculture science program at NCSU and to bring a new honey bee research field lab to NCSU
Types of Membership
Individual: $15 per year to support the mission of the NCSBA.
Commercial: $30 per year
Permanent: $300.00 (one time payment)
Permanent (over 55*): $150.00 (one time payment)
(*you must be 55 years of age or older and furnish ID verification of age, ex: drivers License)
If you would prefer to pay by check and join by mail, please download the Membership Form.
If you are renewing your membership, please note that the renewal period begins on November 1 for the upcoming calendar year. Please do not renew before the November 1 renewal date.
Persons who join or renew online will receive a membership email which includes a downloadable and printable membership card.
To receive a preprinted membership card delivered via the USPS, please download and print the Membership Application and mail the completed form with payment to the address on the form.
The NCSBA will update the records of your local chapter with your membership information regularly.