This is the entry level for the beginning beekeeper. In order to be tested and become a certified beekeeper, you must:
- Be a current NCSBA member.
- Pass a written test, which is administered through a local NCSBA chapter or given at one of the statewide conferences or testing events.
- Pass a practical test administered by a Certified Level Beekeeper or higher, as presented in the “Practical Examination” form available below. A minimum of four months beekeeping experience is needed prior to taking practical test.
- The Practical test will only be valid if given after the candidate successfully passes the Certified Level written exam.
In order to prepare for the certified level, the following materials are available:
- Beginning Beekeeping Schools (not required, but encouraged)
- Certified Practical Test (this is the actual exam utilized, and is provided for studying purposes)
- Certified Level Insights, Resources and Review
For Chapter’s wanting guidance on holding a Beginning Beekeeping Class:
Master Beekeeper Program Forum, January 2021
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.