The most effective way to learn beekeeping and to stay up-to-date on successful beekeeping methods is to join and be active in a local chapter of the NCSBA, which meets frequently and provides personal advice from beekeepers in the local community. Joining a locally affiliated NCSBA chapter has many benefits:
- Monthly meetings with programs or speakers
- Information exchange with other beekeepers
- Mentoring programs where beekeepers help each other learn about bees
- Annual beekeeping schools of instruction
- Annual picnics and socials
- Opportunity to join the Master Beekeeper Program
Visit… join… and be informed!