North Carolina State Beekeepers Association’s Summer Meeting
Blue Ridge Community College – Flat Rock, NC
180 W Campus Dr, Flat Rock, NC 28731
Buncombe County Beekeepers Club
Henderson County Beekeepers Club
Haywood County Beekeepers Club
Madison County Beekeepers Club
Experience the scenic mountains of North Carolina!
Make plans now to join your fellow beekeepers for the summer meeting to be held at a spacious and beautiful, green space venue in the Blue Ridge Mountains near Flat Rock, Hendersonville and Asheville. Experience three days of excellent beekeeping presenters, participate in informative workshops, meet and shop with the major purveyors of beekeeping equipment and supplies, and enjoy the company of old friends and make new ones.
The summer meeting promises to be an excellent event with programs and presentations from:
- Tom Seeley- Cornell University- Author of Honeybee Ecology (1985), The Wisdom of the Hive (1996), and Honeybee Democracy (2010). Dr. Seeley’s research focus is the social behavior of the honey bee.
- Frederique Keller- President of the American Apitherapy Society- leading acupuncturist, medical herbalist will present programs on apitherapy which utilize bee venom therapy, honey, pollen, propolis, and royal jelly.
- David Tarpy- NCSU- Outstanding professor and researcher, NCSU Cooperative Extension State Apiculturist. Dr. Tarpy will present on his current research at NCSU and beekeeping issues in NC.
- Phil Craft- Bee Culture magazine, author of “Ask Phil”
- Experienced beekeepers will present expanded beekeeper workshops featuring practical beekeeping information and Born and Bred queen rearing programs.
- North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Apiary inspectors will present beekeeping programs in apiaries located in the open green spaces of Blue Ridge Community College.
Get ready for the Bee Bowl! Thursday evening will feature the popular beekeeper competition between chapter teams. The winning chapter will receive $300, the runner up, $200. Chapter teams must sign up in advance. Spots are limited, don’t wait, sign up now. Contact Danny Jaynes at email@example.com.
The winners will compete against the South Carolina Beekeepers Association in spring of 2019. So sign up, and don’t let South Carolina win.
The annual contest for “Foods Cooked with Honey” is held during the Summer Conference. The Cooking with Honey Committee consists of five members who have extensive knowledge and experience with food preparation including using honey as a principal sweetener.
Plan to join us Friday night for the Friday Night Festivities featuring a pulled pork barbeque meal catered by Oskar Blues ChuBwagon. An awards presentation will be included in the evening agenda. Registration required.
Important!: Make your hotel reservations early as there is a high demand in the mountains of NC for hotels during the summer.
Advance Registration Fees:
Individual Registration (NCSBA member): $50.00
Family† Registration (NCSBA member): $85.00
*NON-NCSBA Member Registration: $65.00
*NON-NCSBA Family† Registration: $100.00
Early registration will soon be open. Register early to receive the discount rate above. Onsite registration fees will be $10 more.
*Non-member rates include 2018 annual NCSBA membership for the primary registrant.
†Family Registrations include two adults and their children under 18 years old all living in the same household.
If you would prefer to pay by check and register by mail, please download the Advance Registration Form.