The NCSBA holds state-wide meetings twice a year, in the Spring and Summer.
2019 Summer Meeting
Hickory, NC August 8-10, 2019
Hickory Metro Convention Center
Bee Scene in Hickory
Advanced registration has closed. You may still register at the meeting.
Join hundreds of fellow NC beekeepers August 8-10, 2019 at the Hickory Metro Convention Center for the 2019 NCSBA Summer Meeting. As always, expect a great mix of education, fun and fellowship. Early interest suggests a record attendance so plan now to attend.
Consistent with our mission of providing education and support for the beginner as well as the more advanced beekeeper, the meeting will provide a variety of keynote, workshop and apiary presentations. Speakers have been chosen to assure that attendees receive a variety of current beekeeping information. Something for everyone is the intent.
MBP Summer Testing
Schedule for Summer Testing and Review
- Review will be conducted on Thursday, August 8, 2019 from 10:00 am till Noon.
- Testing will be offered on Friday, August 9, 2019 from 1:00 pm till 4:00 pm, with no written test handed out after 2:00 pm.
- Testing will be offered on Saturday, August 10, 2019 from 9:00 am till noon, with no written test handed out after 10:00 am.
- Pre-registration for all testing is required. Email your reservation to email@example.com.
- There will be two “pre-meeting” activities on Thursday morning: an MBP review session for Journeyman and Master testing and a general question and answer session, “Ask the Experts”. Both are separate activities and will be scheduled from 10:00 am – 12:00 noon.
- Friday evening will be our “Evening of Festivity” featuring dinner, award presentations and entertainment. Be assured that dinner will NOT have anything to do with BBQ or sandwiches! Our caterer is very experienced and knows how to make this work efficiently and professionally. It is recommended that reservations for this event be done with registration. Food for a certain number will be requested; when tickets are sold out, there are no more.
- The Born and Bred program will offer a hands-on lab for grafting training. There will be one session Friday and a repeat Saturday. This is open to those who have completed the lecture course. There is a separate fee for this activity. The location will likely be in a nearby hotel so check the meeting program for details.
- Please note this NEW feature. The NCSBA officers will take the stage as a panel to initiate a “Association Issues and Answers Forum”. Officers will field questions from the audience regarding operational and governance issues of the association. There are no dumb questions, it is your association!
- Regional reports will be presented by our NCDA inspectors.
Vendor participation is always an important part of our meetings, so please show you appreciation with visits and interaction. They are also a great source for beekeeping information in addition to equipment and supplies. Without vendor/sponsor support, our registration fees would have to increase substantially.
Bee there and be seen at the “Bee Scene in Hickory”.– Doug Vinson, 1st VP NCSBA, EAS Director NC