Each year the NCSBA sponsors a Honey Booth at the state fair. This is a major fund raiser for the association and is one of the ways we are able to keep your dues as they are.
We depend on the membership to staff the booth on a daily basic. Their job is mainly to keep and inventory on display, sell honey, and honey straws. Simple enough, you would think, but last year we had to close down one day due to no volunteers. We’re starting early this year. Would your chapter like to commit to working the booth for a shingle day, covering all shifts for that day? This would be done on a first come, first served. Call or email me and I will block that day from the volunteer sign up that will be posted before the summer meeting. At the summer meeting I will be calling on member to sigh up for individual shifts for each day.
Extra points for the GAP program will be awarded to chapters that cover a day at the fair or for individuals that work work during the week at the fair.
Normal coverage is 3 people from 9 am to 9pm, with 1 addition from 12noon till 5 pm. The 9 am to 9 p can be divided into 4 or 6 hour work periods. Such as 9 to 1, 1 to 5 and 5 till 9. Or 9 am to 3 pm and 3pm to 9pm. This would be at the discretion of the chapter. Again, call or email to have your chapter cover any open day. A list will be maintained on the web of open days still available.
Before the Summer Conference the schedule will be posted for volunteers to sign up on line on a first come basic. We need you continued support to make this a success. Extra volunteers will be needed on Thursday the 17th, for setting up the booth and stocking inventory for the week.
Paul Newbold, President, NCSBA, email@example.com
- Thursday the 17th, Wake County Beekeepers
- Friday the 18th, Coastal Plains Beekeepers
- Saturday the 19th, Beekeepers of Chowan County
- Sunday the 20th, open 9am to 9pm, 1 additional person not till 8pm
- Monday the 21th, Beekeepers of the Neuse
- Tuesday the 22nd, Tar River Beekeepers
- Wednesday the 23rd, 5 County Beekeepers
- Thursday the 24th, Person/Graville County Beekeepers
- Friday the 25th, Orange County Beekeepers
- Saturday the 26th, open 9am till 9pm, 1 additional person noon to 8pm
- Sunday the 27th, open 9am till 9pm, 1 additional person noon till closing