The NC State Fair will open in less than 2 weeks. It begins on October 17 and runs through October 27.
Eight chapters are covering all but 3 days. A special thanks to them for stepping up to help make this a successful endeavor for our organization. As I mentioned at the summer conference, this is a fund raiser for the NCSBA, and a way that we can keep dues at $15.00. As of today, we still have openings for you to help out. Two slots are open on Sunday October 20. Four slots are open on Saturday October 26, and on Sunday, October 27 we still have 9 slots open. Time slots are 4 hours each.
Without the help of volunteers, it may be impossible to continue. Please step up and put yourself on the list. If you are not available on the open dates, see the list of chapter days and contact one of them to see if they could use additional help.
Chapter and date, they are volunteering:
- Thursday the 17th, Wake County Beekeepers
- Friday the 18th, Coastal Plains Beekeepers
- Saturday the 19th, Beekeepers of Chowan County
- Sunday the 20th, open 9am to 9pm, open shifts are available
- Monday the 21st, Beekeepers of the Neuse
- Tuesday the 22nd, Tar River Beekeepers
- Wednesday the 23rd, 5 County Beekeepers
- Thursday the 24th, Person/Granville County Beekeepers
- Friday the 25th, Orange County Beekeepers
- Saturday the 26th, open 9am till 9pm, shifts still open
- Sunday the 27th, open 9am till 9pm, shifts still open
Master Beekeeper Testing:
Fall Testing for the Master Beekeeper Program will be held on Saturday, October 26, 2019. Testing begins at 9am and no written test will be given after 10am at the Cooperative Extension Center.
Alamance County Center
209 N. Graham-Hopedale Road
Burlington, NC 27217
Reservation required. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot for yourself.
Our next Spring Conference will be on March 5 thru 7 at the New Bern Riverfront Convention Center. Winter BEE BUZZ will be mailed at the beginning of December and will have more conference information. We will plan to open registration for the conference at the beginning of January. Our next summer conference will return to Blue Ridge Community College in Flat Rock, NC on July 16 thru 18, 2020.
Paul Newbold, NCSBA President