The Master Craftsman is the fourth and final level in the Master Beekeeper Program. In order to become a Master Craftsman Beekeeper, you must:
- Have been a Master Beekeeper for two years
- Maintain membership in NCSBA since obtaining Master Beekeeper status
- Complete an additional 7 of the 19 Sub-Specialties demonstrating excellence in beekeeping
- Earn an additional 15 Public Service Credits since becoming a Master Beekeeper
- Present a program or workshop at a NCSBA convention
- Conduct an NCSU and MBP approved honey bee research project
- Pass an oral exam answering questions about your research project and overall beekeeping knowledge.
In order to prepare for the Master Craftman level, the following materials are available:
- List of Valid Public Service Credits
- List of Beekeeping Sub-Specialties
- Reporting to the MBP Committee
If you have questions, please contact a member of the MBP Committee.