This is the entry level for the beginning beekeeper. In order to become a certified beekeeper, you must:
- Be a current NCSBA member.
- Pass a written test, which is administered through a local NCSBA chapter or given at one of the statewide conferences.
- Pass a practical test (involves manipulating a hive of bees), administered by another certified beekeeper through a local chapter. Four months beekeeping experience needed prior to taking practical test.
In order to prepare for the certified level, the following materials are available:
- Take a beginning beekeeping course (not required, but encouraged)
- Certified Practical Exam (this is the actual exam utilized, and is provided for studying purposes)
- Certified Study Guide
When you are ready to take the required tests, contact the education coordinator at a local chapter.
If you have questions, please contact a member of the MBP Committee.