All chapters will be eligible to submit their GAP book highlighting their Chapter’s activities and accomplishments for 2020 to be recognized by the NCSBA, regardless of whether they have previously been recognized or not. This is an opportunity for all Chapters who meet the GAP minimum requirements to be recognized & receive a $300 grant from the NCSBA. This is only for 2020. Go to www.ncbeekeeepers.org/chapters/gap for more information.
This month we’re leaving up previous quizzes in anticipation of the Spring Meeting.
Master Beekeeper Program testing at the NCSBA Spring Conference in New Bern, NC. Testing will be held on both March 6 and March 7, 2020, from 9:00 am till noon, with no written test handed out after 10:00 am. Practical exams, which are now self guided, will not be distributed after 11:00 am. All test candidates must pre-register for testing no later than February 27, 2020.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
|Dec 1, 2019||Dec 2, 2019||Dec 3, 2019||Dec 4, 2019||Dec 5, 2019||Dec 6, 2019||Dec 7, 2019|
|Dec 8, 2019||Dec 9, 2019||Dec 10, 2019||Dec 11, 2019||Dec 12, 2019||Dec 13, 2019||Dec 14, 2019|
|Dec 15, 2019||Dec 16, 2019||Dec 17, 2019||Dec 18, 2019||Dec 19, 2019||Dec 20, 2019||Dec 21, 2019|
|Dec 22, 2019||Dec 23, 2019||Dec 24, 2019||Dec 25, 2019||Dec 26, 2019||Dec 27, 2019||Dec 28, 2019|
|Dec 29, 2019||Dec 30, 2019||Dec 31, 2019||Jan 1, 2020||Jan 2, 2020||Jan 3, 2020||Jan 4, 2020
Hampstead Natural Beekeepers Beginning Beekeeping ClassHampstead Natural Beekeepers Beginning Beekeeping Class
Jan 4, 2020 –
January 4-February 1, 2020
$85 per person. Includes book & other materials
First meeting - Sat. Jan 4th is a FREE "Introduction to Beekeeping" session.
Topsail Presbyterian Church
For information or to register, contact Pam Latter at email@example.com or (910) 200-5432
- 8:30 am – 2:30 pm, Feb 22, 2020 – Harnett Beginning Beekeeping Class
- 8:45 am – 4:30 pm, Feb 22, 2020 – Five County Beekeepers Beekeeping Basics for Beginners
- 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm, Feb 26, 2020 – Franklin County Beginning Beekeeping Class
ABOUT THE NCSBA
The NCSBA is the foundation of beekeeping in North Carolina, reinforced with the cooperative efforts of the NCSU Entomology Extension Apiary Program and the NCDA&CS Plant Industry Division Apiary Services. With 4000+ members statewide and beyond our borders, we are the largest and one of the most active state beekeeping organizations in the country. We cordially invite you to visit our website, learn more about beekeeping, and join us in the fascinating world of honey bees!
The mission of the NCSBA is to:
- Encourage better beekeeping methodology
- Promote cooperation among the beekeepers of the state and nation
- Reach a common understanding regarding our problems and their solutions
- Maintain friendly and helpful relations among beekeeping advocates
- Develop markets for beekeeping products
- Foster closer cooperation among members of the NCSBA
- Improve purposes relating to honey bees and beekeeping exclusively for its members and the general public