The purpose of the NCSBA, from the NCSBA Constitution:
- Encourage better beekeeping methodology
- Promote cooperation among the beekeepers of the state and nation
- Reach a common understanding regarding our problems and their solutions
- Maintain friendly and helpful relations among beekeeping advocates
- Develop markets for beekeeping products
- Foster closer cooperation among members of the NCSBA
- Improve purposes relating to honey bees and beekeeping exclusively for its members and the general public
Our Specific Goals – Objectives – Dreams
as summarized by Irvin Rackley, 1995 President
- Push for a strong and efficient State organization through planning, communication and action.
- Develop methods and activities to strengthen local Chapters.
- Promote and maintain close communication among all NCSBA efforts.
- Stress leadership development through the N. C. Master Beekeeper Program.
- Maintain and develop close cooperation with groups compatible to NCSBA interests, eg., NCSU, NCDA&CS, American Beekeepers Federation, NC Farm Bureau, National Honey Board.
- Render full support and promotion of honey bee research.
- Actively publicize and encourage support to the Apiculture Science Fund at NCSU.
- Visualize the development of a foundation.
- Promote public awareness of honey bee importance.
- Pursue efforts to realize a permanent honey bee exhibit at the NC Zoological Park, Ashboro, NC
- Increase the number of honey bee presentations by NCSBA to schools and other groups.
- Schedule honey bee product marketing promotions annually in the State Farm Market.
- Encourage more attractive and educational honey bee exhibits at local festivals and fairs by every local Chapter.
- Bring about a “ground swell” of communication and rapport with governing agencies, e. g., NC Legislature, US Congress, and various concerned departments.