The Master is the third level in the Master Beekeeper Program, and reflects a beekeeper who has demonstrated expertise in beekeeping and in a number of other specialized areas. In order to become a Master Beekeeper, you must:
- Maintain active membership in the NCSBA since earning the Journeyman Level.
- Must pass a written test. ( PASSING = 75% )
- Complete 8 of 9 of the Journeyman Practical Test
- Complete 6 of the 19 Sub Specialties demonstrating excellence in beekeeping specialties.
- Three years of beekeeping experience. (One year minimum as Journeyman Beekeeper)
- Ten additional service credits after completing the Journeyman level.
- Assist in some manner as a volunteer at a state meeting or convention
A notebook is suggested for record keeping and for documenting competence at each specialty. Also for listing and documenting each additional ten service credits. In order to prepare for the Master level, the following materials are available:
In order to prepare for the Master level, the following materials are available:
- The Journeyman Practical test (4 topics are required for Journeyman and 8 are required for Master).
- List of valid service credits
- List of beekeeping specialties
If you have questions, please contact a member of the MBP Committee.