So….we have a new website….and now you can’t find ANYTHING.
First, everything that was here before is still here. Things have been rearranged, but it’s all here. Even the official song. Come on, you can handle 80,000 angry venomous beasts. You can handle a lil’ ol’ website rebuild. Now you just got to find your information.
If the new menu is ambiguous, do not despair. At the bottom of every page and in the sidebar is a search box, so you can just search for your information. Also take a look at the Sitemap. There is a link for the sitemap at the very bottom, underneath the NCSBA address, and it’s also under “ABOUT” in the menu at the top. That will show you absolutely everypage and how the site is ordered.
Here’s a few highlights of the new website:
- The home page now highlights the newest information, so you don’t have to hunt and peck for updates.
- There is now a calendar of events, with an event manager, so you can see what’s going on.
- Contact information for individuals is now on a single page.
- RealNChoney.com is getting its own site to help consumers find your products. It will exist to solely to promote honey in a friendly and eye-catching way.
- A few new new pages: bee lab, 4H and a Honey FAQ.
- The website uses a few advertisements so it is self-sufficient. Only the advertisers are paying to maintain the site.
- Some of the historical information has been compressed into zip files. If you click on the link, a file will download to your computer. Clicking on the downloaded file will uncompress it and you will see the contents next to the zip file. This makes it easier to maintain the site and less likely that you will accidentally stumble upon out of date information.
- We’ve increased legibility with improved formatting and reduced word count. The new photos and illustrations should make it load a little faster. And hopefully we’ve got a bit better security.