North Carolina State Beekeepers Association
Links for Kids
July 13-15, 2006
High Point, NC
"Home Furnishings Capital
of the World"
Registered Attendance: 314
135 S Main St
High Point, NC 27260
- Laurence Cutts -- Florida Apiary Inspector
- Carl Webb -- Mountain Honey, Inc.
- John Skinner -- University of Tennessee
- John Ambrose -- NC State University
- Ed Levi -- Arkansas State Apiarist
- Nick Aliano -- University of Nebraska Entomology
- Fred Rossman -- Rossman Apiaries
- Jennifer Keller -- NCSU
- NC Bee Inspectors Report
- African Bees in Florida
- Asian Tropilaelaps Mite
- Two Big R’s of Modern Beekeeping
- Swarming: Do We Know All There is to Know?
- Honey & Food Labels
- IPM of Beekeeping
- Techniques for Using Oxalic Acid Reduce Varroa Populations
- Problems Now and in the Future of Queen Rearing
- NCSU Update
- 2005 Golden Achievement Awards -- Top
award went to Buncombe County Beekeepers.
- Silent Auction raised $562 for the Apiculture Science fund
- Honey, Beeswax, Mead, and Photography
is the 30th year for this very popular contest and categories
include extracted honey, comb honey, cut comb honey and creamed
honey. All honey must have been made in the past 12 months and
three containers of each entry are required.
- Cooking with Honey Competition
include any cooked or uncooked food made with honey. Recipes must be
submitted with all entries.
- Awards Banquet Attendance:
157 Friday night at the Radisson.
Weather for High Point, NC:
Normal High: 89°F Actual: 91°F
Normal Low: 67°F Actual: 72°F
About Us | Purpose | History | News | Membership
County Chapters | Meetings | Publications | Master Beekeeper
Apiary Inspection | Links
for Kids | Beekeeping Links | Honey Plants | Courses | Zoo Exhibit